Wednesday 4 May 2016

Gluten Free Tika Masala Sauce

In the gluten free section again today, I picked up some gluten free tikka masala sauce.

I thought it was strange that it would be made with wheat so I went and looked  at the normal version  and that didn't have gluten in it either!

And it was much cheaper to boot, with almost the same ingredients!

This is disgusting, tricking people to pay more for the same product just by putting a different sticker on the jar.
 84p for the normal sauce compared to £1.50 for the gluten free version, this will add up over the course of a year.

How many people have the energy, time or patience to check every jar, bottle, tin or packet to see if your supermarket is trying to swindle you.

The jars were at opposite ends of the store so I really had to go out of my way to compare the two.

In defence of the gluten free sauce it is also dairy free but even so I still feel the regular sauce should have a clear label stating that it is gluten free to give customers the full picture without having to inspect everything they pick up.

I am disappointed in Asda to say the least, I would think this is a practise that other supermarkets follow as well, it just happens I shop at Asda the most regularly.

People put a certain amount of trust in there grocery shops, such as knowing what's in our food to being given good value for the products we buy.

Shame on you Asda and any other supermarkets that take advantage of people with a food intolerance and autoimmune disorders like celiac disease.

The sauce it's self tasted ok, if only I could get rid of the bitter taste of betrayal out of my mouth.

If you have had experience  of this sort of thing please tweet me or leave a me comment, I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig