Monday 15 October 2018

Clive's Pies

I first came across Clive's Pies at the Vegan Life Live event in London a couple of years back and didn't get the opportunity to try one at the time as proved to be so popular that they sold out.

Rude!

So you can imagine my delight then I spied a pie from Clive in my local Holland and Barrets.

Although our Clive has quite the range of flavours from Hungarian goulash to Mexican chilli, I decided to play it safe and go for a little mushroom and leek number.

Don't get me wrong I have full faith in Clive to deliver on his promise of a tasty pie but I likes what I likes and that is mushroom and leek and I haven't got the money to take any risks with my dinner plans.

I quite enjoyed my pie, usually when I dabble in foods that are vegan I usually think to myself
"this is good but it would be great with meat in it" and that did not spring to mind this time.

 This time I was completely content with having a vegan meal and didn't have the urge to rifle though the cupboards in search of chicken, green eggs or ham.

As the pastry goes it's very hard to judge it on it's own merits.

 I feel it was very good considering there is no gluten or butter as I don't have much room for comparison.

 I feel it a step or two behind dizzying quality of a Greg's steak slice but not at all bad

If you are interested in dear old Clive then please check out his website by clicking here or check out your local Holland and Barrets.

 Clive's talents don't stop at Pies either he also has a range of exquisite little tarts, gluten free brownies and the festive classic, the nut roast.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig