Wednesday 4 May 2016

Ilumi Singapore Style Rice Noodles



Another gluten free day another gluten free product to try!

This time I decided I would look at what convenience gluten free world has to offer, well within the realms of Asda's gluten free range any way.
foods the

Ilumi are a company based in County Durham and produce gluten and dairy free snacks, soups, sauces and meals and are available in supermarkets or by home delivery, check out their website here

I bought a Ilumi Singapore style rice noodle pot, think pot noodle but without the gluten
.
You know the deal add a pouch and powder, add boiling water to the fill line, cover and leave to stand for 4 minutes.

I haven't had rice noodles before but I will give them give the a go again, but probably not in the pot noodle format, I feel the quality of a product can only go so far when the ingredients are noodles, water and dust.

I did enjoy my ilumi noodles, no less than I do pot noodles any way.

Nutritionally ilumi contains less protein and fibre but it is also less than half the calories of a pot noodle.

Again with all the gluten products I have reviewed so far the you have to pay more to go gluten free with ilumi being 2.5 times the price of a regular pot noodle.

This 2 week challenge is going to cost me a fortune!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig