Wednesday 25 May 2016

Out Door Fitness UK

I have been meaning to check out Out Door Fitness Uk for a while and since they emailed me a free 7 day pass and the sun definitely had his hat on so I went down to Kirkstall Abbey.

I am not really a fan of group exercise so I took a friend along with me for moral support, what can I say? Flash backs from awful experiences in P.E at school.

We assumed the class was taking place at the actual Abbey but it was in the field over the road so we missed half of the boxercise class in our confusion.

We sat and watched the boxercise class as that ended and at one point retreated to the car because it was a bit windy, I had to convince myself to bite the bullet and get stuck in!

The instructor Paul was really friendly, welcoming and  made a point to remember our names which is always a nice touch.

The session it's self was supposed to ViPRS and Kettlebells but I think either everyone was having too much fun swinging the ViPRS around their heads, time just ran away with it's self or the plan for the session was changed on the fly.

Started with a good warm up then straight into a body weight circuit of jumping jacks, press ups, burpees and reverse crunches, regressions of the exercises and alternatives to suit the different ability levels.

Although on the third run through when I opted to do half press ups I was called out on it, it's good to motivate individuals in classes but it doesn't do anything for me and one of the reasons I am shy away from group exercise classes.

To be honest I was a being cocky, I had been to the gym the night before and completed 120 press ups as part of my 30 day press up challenge, fuelled on mainly water an bananas before of my cleanse and add that when I am nervous I tend to be even more extroverted and let my mouth run away with it's self to compensate so I was bound to be in trouble!

On to the ViPRs!

Lots of squat presses, spinning the ViPR around our heads, lunges, running and some core exercises thrown in for good measure as well.

The session ended with a cool down of stretches and giving more tailored stretches to those with specific complaints about tight muscles.

All in all I enjoyed the class as much as I can enjoy group exercise anyway.

I should get more into it particularly to make work muscle groups I tend to neglect, such as my core.
I hate core work out ever so much!

Th group of people that were there were all friendly with different fitness levels, including a very pregnant lady, so what excuse do you have not to go along?

Paul had a good rapport with the group and everyone seemed to really get a lot out of the session.

Out Door Fitness have classes all over Yorkshire and go out in all weathers so no cancelled classes because of a bit of snow or rain.

I did get a good workout from the session but feel I could of gotten a lot more out of it if I hadn't been to the gym the night before or been up since 5am!

My friend did tell me the next day for glutes were in pieces, but you don't need to know what she gets up to in private!

You can check them out on Facebook by clicking here, their twitter here

Get in touch with them and head to one of their many sessions a go, especially with the heat wave coming!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig