Friday 13 May 2016

Onion

They might make you cry but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be getting them in your belly.

Onions contain vitamins A, C, E and B6.

Lower blood pressure/ thin blood, more so in red onions.

Has Potassium, iron, sulphur calcium and fibre.

Has antiviral, antibacterial  and anticancer properties

Onions are best eaten raw.
Yes I know you were thinking of frying them up to slather your hot dogs in, sorry to disappoint!
I like to use red onion in salads.

To stop your tears when preparing you onions by either chilling them before hand.

You can also keep water nearby so the the sulphur with be attracted to the water in the glass next to you rather than head for the water in your eyes.

But which onion is better for you?

Brown onions have more fibre but if you are favour an onions anticancer properties rather than forming a decent poo then always pick the red ones.

A fun fact for you!

I once ate an entire raw onion, it burnt the inside of my mouth for 4 days but I did win a shot for my trouble!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig