Monday 9 May 2016

Jogging along the Leeds/Liverpool Canal

The sun is out so I am making sure my run game is strong and there are not many places in Leeds I enjoy more than the Leeds/ Liverpool Canal.

You can  run to your hearts content, it's 127 miles long!

The route has a nice amount of tree cover, bridges to go over and under, ducks and boats to see along the way as well as a whole heap of other runners and cyclists.

I haven't been the whole 127 miles but the distance I have gone has pretty much all been flat other than when you approach  the locks.

At some point I do plan walking the entire distance for charity but I need to gather some brave souls to come along.
There are no toilet facilities that I have come across but some of the under passes certainly smell like they are!
The only thing I feel I should add is if you decide to venture down the canal please think of your own safety, particularly women.

Although I haven't heard anything bad for a while about incidents down by the canal but it should not leave your mind, take a friend or at the very least tell people where you are going and how long you expect to be.

Sorry to leave this post on a downer but I wouldn't feel right not giving people at least some sort warning.






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig