Sunday 8 May 2016

Daura Gluten Free Beer

It's been  lovely hot weekend so I thought I would treat myself to a cold glass of beer!

Luckily my local Asda sells Daura Gluten free beer.

At £6 for a four pack it is a touch more expensive other beers but it also has a higher percentage at 5.4%.

I enjoyed the taste, as much as I can anyway as I am not much of a lager,  I much prefer vodka!

The most intriguing should I say worrying thing about Daura is that I am not 100% sure whether or not it is truly gluten free.
The ingredients include Barley, on the Asda website it even has an allergy warning!

Correct me if I am wrong but as far as I know barley contains gluten, I would be very careful drinking this beer if you have celiaics's disease, I am guessing it is a point of concern other wise it would not be on the website.

This is an award winning gluten free beer so I am unsure about what to think about the barley.
Their website says it has below 3ppm of gluten and no claim for 0ppm.

I don't know what conditions must be met to be certified gluten free but I am guessing it is not as strict as I am first thought.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig