Sunday 17 April 2016

Why should you go gluten free?

Everyone seems to be going gluten free at the minute and but fair there is a strong argument for it.

Gluten is found in wheat and can cause inflammation of the intestines, this is why you may feel really bloated and lethargic after eating wheat pasta or bread.

 Hopefully you just have a mild intolerance like I do and can get away with some slight discomfort, if I eat really crusty bread than I end up walking round like I'm 8 months into a pregnancy without the sore nipples!

Symptoms can include diarrhoea, stomach pain, tiredness, bloating and surprisingly depression.

To makes things clear I have self diagnosed myself with a gluten intolerance.
 After keeping one of many food dairies I recorded how I was feeling and my energy levels after I ate and did notice a difference when I either reduced or increased my gluten consumption.

If you are worried you should consult your doctor and ask to get tested.

Gluten is used in  loads of products ranging from the obvious like bread to the more surprising like ketchup! If you are considering going gluten free then you best out out your deer skin cap and magnifying glass to read practically every label you come across.

Try and stick to rice, corn, quinoa, flax and oats but be aware that they still may be contaminated by gluten so keep those eyes peeled!

Cutting out gluten won't cause you any harm but it is more effort when out shopping so if you don't feel gluten is causing you any harm then keep calm and carry on!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig