Sunday 24 April 2016

Bubble Rush

I completed the 5k Bubble Rush at Harewood house, it was my first event of the year and I don't
think I could of chosen a better one!

The event it's self is a 5k fun run, so you can walk, jog, run, skip or dance your way to the finish line with 4 lots of colourful foam to run through and get covered in, there are worse things you could spend £22 on!

The weather was great and Harewood House looked amazing in the April sunshine, there were lots of stalls available ranging from food to bubble themed merchandise to a selfie booth with most of the money going to St Gemma's Hospice.

We were handed our white bubble run tee shirts and went through a fun warm up to the music of Maroon 5 and Bruno Mars designed with all ages and abilities in mind, in fact I am going to steal some of the moves for the next time I hit da club!

Off we went and straight away I my glasses were caked in pink foam!
Lucky for me it is quite light so fell away easily, not so lucky if you are wanting to white wash your friends because the foam just collapses in your hands and blows away.
Unlike the Santa Dash I completed for Saint Gemma's Hospice there was plenty of room to over take the slower runners, if we are all honest with our selves no body likes to get stuff in traffic no matter how cute the children are!

You get 4 lots of foam on the course and two fairly long hills Each lot of foam is a different colour, pink, blue, green and yellow, and it does dye your tee shirt and skin but washes out easily enough.

I did look like I had been given  good beaten with my pink and blue legs by the time I had finished!

Considering I had only gone out running once this year I surprised myself with how well I did, the only part I struggled on was the last hill and that was because my calves felt like they were going to explode, I am grateful to my ectomorphic build and genetics because they helped me run it like a boss!

All in all a great day out for all fitness levels and abilities and a lot of money was raised the St Gemma's, if you want to find out more about the events they put on and what they are all about then click here



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig