Sunday 24 April 2016

My Progress Jan-Mar 2016

I have been putting off off writing this post mainly because my fitness goals this year have been a disaster!

 If  you read my 1st of Jan then you will know that I set out to do fortnightly and month long fitness challenges, I started off strong and completed the 30 Day Squat Challenge and did two weeks of the water challenge and went veggie for another two weeks.

Then once February begin I started a 30 press up challenge along side giving up gluten for 2 weeks but I was in a terrible head space and gave up after 3 days, stopped going to the gym as much and my blogging slowed downed.

I also attempted to bulk up, which sounds great after cutting ready for the summer but the sheer amount of calories I was putting away made me feel terrible, mainly because a lot of the calories I was getting were from high fat, high sugar and high salt sources.

Eating became a chore, at least when I am reducing my calories I actually look forward to eating because  I am hungry when it comes to meal time, bulking is all about fuel and not much else.

This coupled with dark weather made me feel down in the dumps.

 I wasn't getting anywhere near as much vitamin D as I get in the summer time.
 I imagine my meal choices will of lacked a great deal of vitamins and minerals that my body needs to function properly.

I was rarely hitting the gym by the time March rolled around, which made my mood even worse from not benefiting from the endorphins you get from exercise.

 I was feeling fat and, I am not fat but it doesn't mean you can't feel fat when you look in the mirror.

I did measure myself at the end of January, after I had but on half a stone and then again mid way through April

.
I gained no size on my arms or chest but I did lose 3 inches from my waist and gained 2 inches on my legs.

I do not push myself any where near hard enough when it comes to upper body training and this is where I feel I continually let myself down, that and my shaky attendance!
I am going to restart the 30 Day Press Challenge in May and see what impact that makes.

To make matters worse I had intentionally put on weight in order to pack on some much needed muscle but because the gym had turned into that facebook friend that you always say you'll arrange drinks with but never do it just felt like a pointless exercise.

But now that's that sun has decided to come out I am back on the fitness train with no signs of slowing down and I have completed my first event of the year, the Bubble Rush with more events planned for the rest of the year!

Yes it has taken me until mid April to get my mojo back but I am just thankful it came back at all.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig