Sunday 19 April 2015

My motivation:Tough Mudder

I decided at the end of May 2014 to do my first tough mudder giving me 3 months to train before the big day! Not having a lot of body confidence I took a picture of myself to look back on and let me know I was on the right track.I was not happy with what I saw!


So I began training but made no difference to my diet or do any major cardio other than the odd dip in the pool, basically I wanted to see how far my genetics would take me with strength training alone ,call it stupid or arrogant to use a big endurance event like a tough mudder to test what my mother and father gave me of you like but that was my thinking at the time!      

So the morning of tough mudder came and I was feeling excited and ready to take this mother down! 
The buzz at the event that day was enough to make anyone want to strap on their trainers and take the challenge, which I whole heartily recommend to anyone to do!

The first mile I needed the toilet because I hadn't given my body chance to get used to me drinking a lot of water and the nearest rest stop with a portaloo was a long way in the distance!
The second mile I developed a stitch that wouldn't leave me for the next 6 miles and to make matters even more bleak the lad that came along with me ditched me right after accidentally kicking mud into my eyes!


Even though I was alone, wet,muddy and smelly I could not of wished for a better group of strangers to of been around, they were supportive, encouraging and more than happy to give a helping hand! Just over 3 hours later I crossed the finish line ready to sign up to my next event!

 Once I have had a day to recover and about a week to wash all of that fine Cheshire mud out of all of my crevices I looked through the photos from the day and I couldn't in my eyes see any change in my physique,I felt awful. Even though I didn't train "properly" for the tough mudder I thought that I would be sure to look breathtaking and the reality of the                               situation did not match what was in my head.


I decided to take another topless picture to compare with the one I took before my training started and I was surprised to see that I had actually made a real difference to my body!

 I marked it as under construction and now filled with renewed determination I decided to give myself the winter before I changed up diet and forced myself into doing cardio training.

I hope this post goes to show that you can have the knowledge of how to change your body but if you are living in denial about how you look, lack the motivation  or confidence to get started then you will sadly remain the same!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig