Sunday 31 January 2016

Nut Roast

My friend Irene is trying to out do me by going veggie for a month.

Not being bitter by her trying to out shine me I decided to show some solidarity by cooking a roast dinner and since my dalliances with Quorn were not exactly great I opted to try a Nut Roast!

It was really easy to cook, just slap it in the oven for 50 minutes then jobs a good un!

Compared to the same amount of beef Nut roast is lower in calories. fat and a has less than a quarter of the protein and lacks all that lovely iron that red meat provides!

A Nut roast is a lot cheaper than beef though so it might be something to consider if you are on a tight budget.

Taste and texture wise I would describe it as sage and onion stuffing with peanuts inside, one of the nuts almost cracked my tooth so what out if your teeth are not in the best condition.

I would say if you are going to give a nut roast a go I would get in plenty of gravy to make it less stodgy.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig