Friday 22 January 2016

Chocolate Protein Bread

My friends all seem to be obsessed with eating bread, I myself am not a massive fan, beans on toast feels like a punishment, not a meal!
I do however like chocolate and anything with protein in it is always going to tick a box so I decided to combine the three and see if I could be converted into a bread lover.

Out came the Chocolate Muscle Mousse and off I went, if you want to see the original recipe I used the click here.

Ingredients:

500g of plain white flour.
7g of dried active yeast.
1 tbsp of salt.
2 tbsp of olive oil.
2 scoops of chocolate muscle mousse.

First mix your flour, yeast and salt into a bowl with your hands then stir in 300ml of hand hot water with your muscle mousse until you make a soft dough, I had to keep adding flour as I stirred to make a nice dough.

Next turn out your dough onto a floured surface, flour your hands as well to help stop the the dough getting stuck to your fingers, if that doesn't help add more flour!
Kneed your dough until it no longer feels sticky or knock the funk out of like I did for about 5 minutes.

Oil an oven proof container with oil, tip in your dough, flatten it out then put it inside a plastic bag for an hour until it has risen to the size of the container and no longer springs back when you press it.

Heat the oven to 200C, 180C for a fan assisted oven or gas mark 6.
Make several slashes across the top of your loaf with a sharp knife, then bake for half an hour.
Tip your loaf out onto a cooling rack, tap the bottom of the loaf, it should sound hollow, if it doesn't then it's not properly cooked and needs to go back into the oven.

Leave to cool.

I really enjoyed my protein bread and it turned out really well considering it was my first attempt and will make it again in the future and if you don't feel your peanut butter on toast doesn't have quite enough protein then give this recipe a go for yourself!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig