Thursday 7 January 2016

Skyr Icelandic Style Yogurt

I thought the only export worth knowing about from Iceland was international pop sensation Bjork, I hope I can be forgiven for my ignorance because I have discovered Skyr, a high protein, low fat yogurt.

I bought Natural, Strawberry and Mixed Nordic Berries flavours for a £1 each from my local supermarket.

I did not enjoy the Natural flavour, it is a lot like Greek yogurt in both taste and texture and far too bitter for my tastes, I didn't have any fruit or even jam to rescue it so I went to the dark side and added a spoon full of sugar to help the Skyr go down.

I enjoyed the fruit flavours much more and I would happily eat them again, they do have more calories than the Natural flavour but that's to be expected and what's 16 extra calories to make the yogurt far more enjoyable.

Skyr  has more protein than Greek yogurt , with the highest about being in the natural one, more yogurt with less fruit equal more protein! But with 1g in it who really cares? Pick your favourite and go wild!

Skyr also has more calories than Greek yogurt but only by 6kcals the fruit flavours have more with 17 more kcals.

Both Skyr and Greek yogurt  boost your testosterone levels and are probiotics which can help with the health of the your gut if eaten regularly.

If you are a fan of Greek yogurts than you will love Sykr!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig