Saturday 9 January 2016

Quorn Chicken

I am giving Quorn another chance.

I would like to say my faith was rewarded with a delicious meal but I can't, it was a big plate of meh, thankfully it was on offer and only cost £1.

The cooking instructions say to cook it either on the hob or in the microwave in my favourite sauce, curiosity got the better and I microwave one the faux fillets without sauce to see what would happen.

Cardboard, cardboard is what happens!
Rock hard, completely dehydrated, look like the sole of my foot with less flavour.

Into my pasta bake it went anyway, with garlic, passata, chili, onion, peppers, green beans, reduced fat cheese and mushrooms, the Quorn made this otherwise tasty meal a game of mine sweeper.

Every mouth full of Quorn ruined my life a little. As with the mince it was very sponge like with a touch of flavour reminiscent of supermarket own brand chicken flavour noodles.

Quorn Chicken has less protein than the mince per 100g.

I couldn't decide which I enjoyed the least but since the mince is more versatile and has that extra protein I would choose the mince.

But only if I was some how forced into a life or death situation where the only chance of me surviving was to eat Quorn.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig