Sunday 31 January 2016

Kale Chips

Since that awful Gweneth Paltrow is always banging on about how great Kale is I though I would give Kale chips a go.

Made by The Rawlicious Food Co and sold to me by Millies of Leeds for £2.59 for a 40g bag of Thai Chilli flavoured Kale Chips.

I am going to compare Kale chips to Walkers Thai Sweet Chilli crisps.

Price wise Walkers are much cheaper which isn't too surprising with it currently being sold at Asda £1 for a 40g bag and is 2 calories less than the Kale Chips and 3.4g less of fat.

Now this particular brand of Kale Chips offers 8.5 grams of protein per pack, which I imagine comes from the Cashew nuts compared to 2.6g in the Walkers and more than double the fibre.

The ingredients were surprising with kale, yellow pepper, cashew nuts, pineapple, chilli pepper, lime and yeast.

Flavour wise I called it sea weed with a hint of nuts and lime, I was expecting some heat to them but I couldn't taste any and that's coming from a guy who's idea of a hot curry is tikka masala!

I am not the biggest fan of crisps but my friend Irene is so she helped me review the Kale chips and she said that if Walkers and Kale were both equally priced she would pick Walkers every time'

 She simply does not care about the potential nutritional benefits!

Sadly any vitamins that might be in the Kale Chips are not listed which is a shame because Kale is very nutritious, I'll go into more detail in a separate post.

I am shocked that there isn't a warning about the product containing nuts on the front of the packet, it does state that it contains nuts on the back of the packet but that would of been to late for me as I would not expect there to be nuts in the Kale Chips and dug straight in.

I am also colour blind and this made some of the text more difficult to read.

Not suffering from an allergy myself I am probably not best to comment on how deeply people with allergies look at new products before eating them.

I didn't not like the Kale Chips but they didn't entice me enough to buy them again!






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig