Sunday 10 July 2016

Fitness Success Obstacle Gym

I came across Fitness Success Obstacle Gym thanks to Paul, one of the instructors at Out Door Fitness UK when  he posted a video on Facebook and just had to get down there and have a look for myself.

Located at Rothwell, Leeds, West Yorkshire I would be silly not check out their facilities when they are on my door step!

The Obstacle is gym is what you would imagine it to be, all the obstacles that you would imagine from an event like Tough Mudder etc where practical of course.

It would be nigh on impossible to run an the bigger obstacles that Tough Mudder boast without the resources that Tough Mudder have all year round.

Me and my friend Sam booked in advance online for £12 a week before, there isn't an office on site to pay entry.

 The instructor had back to back bookings so I didn't get opportunity to ask about  paying on the day or other questions  that I would of liked to ask for the purpose of the review, I could always drop an email but meh, you get what you pay for from my reviews.

I strapped on my New Balance Trail Running Shoes trainers and Big Red Apparel  shorts and away I went!

The obstacle gym has hills, tyre runs, logs to carry, cargo nets, walls to climb, monkey bars and of course lots of mud and water.

This makes it perfect  training for a mud run or just for the experience of running a no pressure, affordable and accessible course at any time of the year.

Group and corporate bookings are accepted.

I really enjoyed myself and you really do get good value for your money.

My only negative  with the obstacle gym is the lack of facilities, you go out, cake yourself in the finest of Yorkshire mud but then have no shower to get rid of it once you have finished.

There are some cabins that are used as changing rooms with lockers, which I imagine are incredibly cold in the winter particularly after being soaked in water and mud and a portaloo.

The obstacle gym has own being going for about a year so I am hoping that some sort of system will be introduced so I don't need to carry 5kg of mud home with me.

That being said if you are serious about training for a mud run and you have the chance to hit up the Fitness Success Obstacle Gym.

Because I was quite hungover to say least on the day of my visit I was in too of much of hurry to get home and toss my guts up at home I didn't manage to take any pictures of the course but luckily you can click here to view a video and possible book yourself in to test the course yourself.

I wish the every success for the Obstacle Gym and hope it continues to grow, maybe organise a bloggers event in the future to help further spread the word.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig