Monday 6 June 2016

Pure, Dairy Free Sunflower Spread

For my latest 2 week challenge I am going dairy free for 2 weeks to see what effect it has on me so I here I go again reviewing products that fit in with the dairy free theme!

Because I needed butter to bake my cricket and lemon cake I went out in search of some dairy free butter, I had originally gone hunting for some Flora Freedom but alas my local Morrisons let me down!

But there was a light in a my flora freedomless life and that was Pure, dairy free sunflower spread.

With gluten free, dairy free and vegan on the tub I didn't think I could pass it up in good conscious.

Calorie wise Pure is higher than Flora Original  with Pure having 537kcal pre 100g to Flora's 405kcal.

Pure does have more vitamins E and A than Flora.

They are both tide for vitamin D.

Pure does have some vitamin B but then again Flora has omega 3 and 6 it's corner!

Taste wise I couldn't tell you a difference between the two so your only real considerations for picking Pure over Flora would be the calorie count and the fact that one is dairy free and the other isn't.

This next bit is for the vegans or the vegan curious!

Both Pure and Flora Freedom contain palm oil, I haven't been able to find out if they source their palm oil from sustainable and ethical farms so they are not necessary cruelty free.

Flora is made by Unileaver with has a history of testing on animals so I would lean more towards to Pure as a brand.

If you want to find out more about the impact palm oil has on the environment, people and animals check out The Bite Sized Vegan's video by clicking here

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig