Tuesday 19 June 2018

Smokin' Bar & Kitchen, Leeds

I was very kindly invited by the guys from Smokin' Bar & Kitchen in Leeds to review their new tapas menu and with me being a slave to my stomach I happily took them up on the chance.
Now real talk, I have actually been to this bar before, on new years eve, absolutely  blind drunk on their delicious cocktails!

"But where is the the Smokin' Bar and Kitchen", I hear you beg! 
Well if you hush your gums for just a seconds I will enlighten ye. 

The Smokin' Bar & Kitchen is on Parkrow, just up from the train station and if you don't do street names then right next to the Bierkiller will give you the best chance of finding them.

When I arrived, sober this time I might add I was really taken a back by how impressive the decor is, seemingly taking inspiration from the Great Gatsby with a subtle industrial look with exposed beams and lots of brass.

We were warmly welcomed by the bar staff member, Kelly and directed to a table.

Me and my companion for the evening settled in one of the funky pods and salivated over the cocktail menu, with me ordering a delicious strawberry and cream cocktail and my friend ordering a flaming zombie while we turned our attention to the main event, the tapas menu!

On the menu you are given the option to order 3 dishes for £15, 5 dishes for £20 and 7 dishes for £25 from a choice of 9 dishes in total.

We choice the following  5 dishes between us.

  Gambas pil pil 

 I am not the biggest fan of prawns but they tasted good, well as good as prawns can to someone who doesn't tend to eat them, I could taste the garlic but nothing from the chilli so if you are a prawn lover but worried about  the heat blasting your bits off don't worry your pretty little head about it.

Chroritzo Bravas

I absolutely adored the honey glazed potatoes and if given the option I would of had five bowls of them, that's not to say I didn't enjoy the other dishes these just really tickled my pickle. 
As the chrotizo it was there and you get a generous portion but in my eyes were completely over shadowed by the potatoes.

Creamy Mushrooms:

This is essentially a fancy mushroom sandwich and what a sandwich it is!

Served on a ciabatta the mushrooms and sauce were on another level from anything I have that is vegetarian, I would actually forgo a meat for the night if I had to chose, incredibly filling.

Filet Steak

Thankfully I didn't have to chose and I was able to enjoy this ever so tender, medium raw steak. Visually not great as the shallot sauce is an unfortunate colour but I can't not the quality of the meat, flavour or taste.

Parmesan Tacos

Another of the vegetarian options and really under welling for, with the promise of Parmesan and roast potatoes I could of possibly built this dish up more in my head than what could of been delivered. I can't say I really tasted much of the cheese. It was alright but definitely my least favourite on the menu.

Aside from the Tapas menu, Smokin' Bar have a great range of cocktails, which I may or may not of indulged in while I was sampling the menu, SPOILER ALERT, I most certainly did!

I enjoyed a Strawberries  and Cream cocktail which immediately transported me to Wimbledon, well into my living room in front of the TV with Wimbledon on anyway and for dessert I opted for the White Chocolate, served in a milk bottle and they even throw in a Kinder Beanu just to be extra.


Shout out to the staff that attended to me all night, Kelly and Heather, both absolute stars and I wish them all the best.

I wholly enjoy my night at Smokin' Bar Leeds and give it a big stomping seal of approval and can't wait to get the rest of the menu down my gullet.

  If you want a perv at the menu then click here and get yourself booked in







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig