Monday 22 February 2016

Upbeat Protein Drink

The people at Upbeat got in touch with me to do a review on their protein drink and sent me some vouchers to go hunt down there protein drink.
 I am always happy to help out so here's my thoughts.

I haven't really seen Up Beat in any of the shops I normally go into and this is because I mainly shop at the super market closest to me and they don't stock Upbeat, luckily they have a handy store locator on their website, click here to see if you can get your paws on some for yourself!

The recommended retail price is £1.79 and comes in four flavours, Strawberry, Blueberry and Raspberry, Mango and Passion fruit and Chocolate and Orange.

Sadly in  two of the stores nearest to me one I could only get the Blueberry and Raspberry flavour and the third store I tried had stopped selling it all together. 

I first went to the Co op which was painless, Up beat drinks clearly on display in the dairy section.

Second up was Sainsburys which was a little harder, the Up Beat drinks that I had come in search of were hidden behind Innocent smoothies so I took it upon myself to rearrange the shelves a little so people could actually see them particularly because they were on offer.

Lastly I tried Tesco Express, the store locator said that they stocked Up Beat but the shop assistant told me they no longer sell it.

On to the actual drink.

I would say the taste and consistency is more like a yoghurt drink than anything with a strong flavour, I could really taste the raspberries and blueberries in the drink.

Upbeat make their drinks from real fruit puree, milk and not much else which is great to see, I personally hate when I don't recognise most of the ingredients on my product.

If I am honest I am not the biggest lover of raspberries and blueberries but the I quite enjoyed the Up Beat drink and am looking forward to trying the other flavours they offer.

Upbeat drinks each contain 20g of whey protein which would be like eating around 70g of chicken, which is plenty to keep your muscle fed between meals.

I hope to see Upbeat in more shops in the future even if it's just to get my the other three flavours in my belly!

If you love coffee and but still want your protein fix then check out Twist's Protein Coffee






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig