Saturday 13 February 2016

30 Day Challenge: Squats

Squat Challenge

There are loads of Squat challenges floating about the Internet and I choose the one that I though looks the most horrendous from 30 day fitness challenges so if you think this one may be a bit much for your booty then hit google and find one that fits your level!
This site also has plenty of other challenges to under take so check them out here

If you are unsure how to squat the please check out my post here

Please make sure you warm up and drink plenty of water before giving this a bash!

I am including the Squat Challenge into my regular gym workout so when I am at the gym I will be doing dead lifts as well as that days allotted squats, this will obviously affect the results I will get vs just doing the squat challenge as my only leg exercise.

I found the squat challenge ok until I first broke 100 squats, not just the burning in my quads but the boredom of doing so many in one sitting.
I could space them out out through out the day but I want to challenge myself.

I was doing 100 squats with no gap when I reached 135.

When I got to 180 I wanted to quit.

220 my tracksuit bottoms ripped.

250 and I don't know how I managed to complete this challenge without skipping a single day!

I try and do them all within the space of an advert break while watching TV or waiting for the kettle to boil, you can always make time time if you really want to.

Day 1:  50        Day 9: 100             Day 17: 150         Day 25: 220
Day 2:  55        Day 10: 105           Day 18: 155         Day 26: 225
Day 3:  60        Day 11: 110           Day 19: 160         Day 27: 230

Day 4: Rest       Day 12: Rest         Day 20: Rest        Day 28: Rest

Day 5: 70          Day 13: 135          Day 21: 180         Day 29: 240
Day 6: 75          Day 14: 140          Day 22: 185         Day 30: 250
Day 7: 80          Day 15: 145          Day 23: 190

Day 8: Rest       Day 16: Rest          Day 24: Rest         Day 31: Admire your booty!

I unfortunately forgot to measure my legs and bum before I started this challenge and going forward with my other challenges I will be sure to include my measurements so I am afraid you will have to settle for my terrible photos.

Speaking of my photos, taking them was one of the most emasculating experiences of my entire life and my apologises for not wearing the same underwear in the before and afters!

Being someone who has being doing squats for a few years, never in this number mind, I did notice a slight difference  in the size of my derriere but nothing major, this may also be down to be gaining half a stone through my attempt to bulk up.

 The sheer numbers make it an exercise in endurance not hyper trophy.
 To get any real size added I have to squat big and heavy!

This is not to say that you will not see any results from the squat challenge, if you are not a keen squatter then you will see a difference at the end of the 30 days.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig