Friday 13 July 2018

My first time doing Yoga at Pure Gym

I have been meaning to try out Yoga for years, I have never really felt following a youtube video without some first hand experience but that all changed this week.

The main reasons I haven't dipped my toe in until now is accessibility and price, regular yoga classes are more expensive than quite a few of the gyms in my area.

But why do you even want to do yoga? I hear you cry!

Well there a couple of reasons, my flexibility, balance and core workouts are all terrible, I just can't believe that anyone that says their favourite workout is core.

Luckily I happened upon a yoga class at my gym and even that had an additional charge of £4 but a lot more reasonable than what I have seen out and about .

 The money side of things isn't even the bit that tuned me off, I don't want to spend a chunk of money that I am not sure if I am going to enjoy, regardless of the potential benefits.

So I slipped on my Kapow Meggings, which were perfect for yoga, and my own branded vest and off I went, got to self promote where I can!

Now I thought of  ah some yoga that will be gentle, relaxing and will be perfect to recover from muscle soreness, oh how wrong I was.

The session was pretty fast paced, a brief instruction given for each pose, a demonstration ,  lots about breathing and variations to meet each person's ability and I as I rightly assumed it was just me as the only man among the women folk.

With my abysmal flexibility and muscle soreness I pretty much invented my own school of yoga there and then!

I began to feel the poses become easier as the session went on but still tough, I was necking water as if I was running a marathon and my wrists took some punishment from holding the poses.

The poses I found easiest were the ones that resemble my normal workouts, I never thought I would plead to do some more planks instead of going into the downward facing dog pose again!

The only real negative I would say is that due to gym set up you get all the noise from the gym which made it a struggle to hear Kerry, the instructor and to get into the zone however I am not sure what could be done about.

As much I felt like I was being punished for something i had done in a past life I will be going back next week as did really enjoy myself and left with a smile on my face, Kerry was great and understanding.

If you fancy coming down and are a member at Pure gym Kirkstall sessions take place at 7:30pm on Thursday, remember to bring your £4!

I will be writing a separate post going into detail about the benefits of yoga so be show to follow my twitter to keep an eye out for it.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig