Saturday 17 June 2017

Souper High Protein Soups


They will try adding protein to anything right now, with the advent of Mars's dabble into the protein market I thought I would go back to basics and try some good old fashioned soup!.

I came across Souper on the shelves of my Asda for only £1 a grabbed a couple along with some of my favourite multi-seeded bread, nothing but the best for my lunch.

Believe it or not but soup is really trendy right now, with it potential being a low calorie yet filling and satisfying option a lot of people are opting to swap greasy burgers and chips for a hearty soup.

There is certainly no soup that I have come across that has been heartier than Souper's soups, packed full of chicken, vegetables, lentils and beans makes this an incredibly filling soup that will keep you satisfied until dinner time.

But what about the protein, I hear the meat heads cry, lets face it that's probably why you clicked on the blog and I am grateful that you did.

Souper's chicken soup has 4.4 grams of protein per 100g to put this into perspective I have used Heinz cream of chicken soup for a comparison with Heinz only managing to get in 1.7g of protein in it's 100g.

Souper also has a heck of lot of fibre with 2.6g compared to Heinz's 0.1g per 100g

Heinz does have lower calories but with only 18 calories between them and how much more satisfying Souper is you will be more likely to avoid snacking later, plus you are getting all that juicy protein and fibre to boot.

If you opt for Souper you are going to get more than double the protein, be more likely to stave off hunger later in the day and, in my opinion, get a much more enjoyable soup.

If you don't fancy chicken souper then don't worry Souper also make peppered beef, pulled pork and for you vegans and vegetarians out there a super greens soup for you to enjoy.

I started this review saying soups were basic but there is certainly nothing basic about Souper soups, in fact I would go as far as to say that they are Super!





SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Fitness products which will help you to gain protein and build up muscle are good after a tiring workout.

    ReplyDelete

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig